Friday, November 7, 2008

Charlie Henry's Moving Day

Charlie woke early on the day of the move and called her dad. Samuel hadn’t even woke up yet! He was amazed that she was already up and moving. He hurried over just after gulping down a cup of coffee. Charlie was so excited she rushed out to greet him with a big hug and to usher him off to get the moving van. Twenty minutes later, Charlie and Samuel arrive at the apartment with the moving van. Charlie is having difficulty getting the rig parked in front of the apartment complex, there isn’t much room. Samuel directs her.



Samuel: “Charlie! Don’t run over me! I thought I taught you how to drive better than that!”

Charlie: “I am sorry, Dad. I suppose I am just really excited about this move. Well, let’s get busy! I only have a few more boxes to pack – and since I have no furniture other than my end table and cd tower, it shouldn’t take too long to load.”

Samuel: “Well, with all the books you have I think we’re going to need a forklift!”

Charlie and Samuel head in to finish up the final few boxes. Once the boxes were packed away in the truck, Charlie tackled her clothing. She decided to put all of her clothes into her suitcases, as she really doesn’t have that many clothes – or thought she didn’t. By this time Samuel was ready for the move to be over!


Samuel: “Charlie, I sure hope this place is worth it because I am too old to help you move again!”

Charlie: “Oh Dad! You’re going to love this place. There is a special surprise waiting in the back yard for you! I can hardly wait to see your face!”

Just as Charlie and Samuel were about ready to go, Charlie’s best friend and neighbor, Calista, came home from work. She was sad to see her friend going but excited that Charlie would have a new home.


Calista: “Oh Charlie! What am I going to do without you here?”

Charlie, grinning from ear to ear, says: “You’ll gossip with the next girl that moves in!”

Calista: “Naw! There won’t be another as good as you! But I can hardly wait to read what Lou Dobbs does next! I am really gonna miss you!”

Charlie and Samuel drove out to the new house and unloaded all of Charlie’s boxes. Samuel was greatly surprised by the lake and started bugging Charlie for a visit before she was even able to get unpacked!

Samuel: “Wow Charlie! This place is awesome! I love the lake! Now where did I store my fishing gear? You know, ever since your mother passed away, it sure has been lonely…”

  • What made you choose this house over the other 2?
"There were many reasons why I chose this house over the other two. The
first one is definitely the lake in the back yard. My dad really loves to fish
and one day soon I believe he will be coming to live with me. Ever since Mom
passed on Dad has just been exsisting....he needs to live again. I think he is
lonely. The next big reason I chose this house was the price. Of all the houses,
this one was the cheapest. Since my apartment was fully furnished, I need the
extra cash for furniture. The third house was nice, but it didn't having a
dining area at all - although with renovations I could picture a dining area
near the stairs. I am certainly not ready to have carpenters working daily while
I am trying to settle in. The first house was really nice, I loved it...but it
was way out of my price range."
  • Are there any changes or renovations you would like to see occur at your new house?
"Actually, I can't think of anything I would want to change at all. The house is
just perfect!"
  • Do you have any plans to purchase new furniture or decorations for your new house?
"Because my previous place was a fully furnished apartment, I have to buy
all of my furniture, from the kitchen table down to the bed I sleep in. I am
just greatful that it came with the kitchen appliances. I am going to get rid of
the washer and dryer though, I don't like stackables, I want a side by side. I
love the blue/green stripes in the kitchen and I already found some dishes that
I think will set off the blue stripes in the paper. I also found an old sewing
machine at a garage sale and I am going to take up sewing. There should be
plenty of space i my bedroom for that. This whole move thing, its just sooo
exciting!"

No comments: